Statement of Beliefs
Beloved of God Ministries, Inc.
We believe the scriptures of both the Old and New Testaments to be the Word of God as given by revelation to “holy men of God” who “spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:21); therefore, subject to “no private interpretation” (2 Peter 1:20). As such, The Word of God sets forth its own doctrine to be followed by them that believe. Since there are no original manuscripts or texts in extant (only versions and copies), it is incumbent that we “study…to rightly divide the Word of Truth” (2 Timothy 2:15) to the end we may live the Truth.
This objective study may be accomplished by adhering to principles which allow the scriptures to interpret themselves:
- The scriptures must interpret themselves in the language of the verse (reading and understanding the words in the individual verse).
- Understanding the verse in terms of the context, both immediate and greater or more overall context; including the development of the narrative or incident, keeping in mind biblical “benchmarks;” such as, “God is light and in him is no darkness at all” (1 John 1:5), “God is love” (1 John 4:16), etc.
- How words and/or phrases have been translated in previous passages.
- We must understand the words used in light of their biblical meaning according to the times in which they were written (observing customs, traditions, and idioms of the people), as well as, understanding versions and manuscripts themselves in the connotation of the language in the period they were written.
- Since three categories of people are addressed in the Bible; Jews, Gentiles (also referred to as nations), or the church of God (1 Corinthians 10:32), we must understand to which group God is speaking, in order to properly apply the scriptures in light of the specific category or group.
- We must recognize the different administrations (paradise; patriarchal; law; Christ or gospel; church of grace; restoration of Israel, final paradise) under which these categories were/are addressed and the parameters in which they function.
Fundamental “benchmark” beliefs:
We believe in the one, true God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ (1John 5:20).
We believe in God’s only begotten Son, Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world and that he is the way, the truth and the life (1 John 4:14; John 14:6).
We believe God is holy, and that He is Spirit, and that He gives to men and women who believe on His Son, His gift of holy spirit (John 4:24; John 14:23).
We believe the Bible testifies that Jesus Christ was conceived of a virgin, was born, died for us, and was raised from the dead. We believe in his bodily resurrection, ascension, and seating at the right hand of God (Matthew 1:18-20; Romans 5:8; Ephesians 1:20).
We believe the gift of holy spirit was given on the Day of Pentecost as revealed in the Book of Acts in Chapter two, and is available to all who confess Jesus as Lord and believe in their hearts God raised him from the dead (Romans 10:9 and 10).
We believe God’s gift of holy spirit through Christ is the power from on high, making us able and effectual witnesses for him (Acts 1:8).
We believe now we are the sons of God and have passed from death unto life (1 John 3:1; John 5:24).
We await in hope of the return of Jesus Christ and our gathering together unto him and “so shall we ever be with the Lord” (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17).
Through the years we may have affection for many people—but the measure of our lives will be what we have done in love for one man—Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the only begotten Son of God to be the Savior of the world.
We believe our future is eternity with God, Who is Light, and in Whom there is no darkness at all. ~